plot polar coordinates octave-epstk??

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: plot polar coordinates octave-epstk??
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:18:08 +0200

Hello

The following code
tetha=linspace(-pi,pi,100)
r=2-4*cos(tetha)
polar(tetha,r)

Produces  produces in matlab a figure which I have attached.

In octave the curve is the same but axis are cartesian ones.

I have found in google that maybe epstk should help (BTW I
installed octave 3.4.2 from scratch on (K)ubuntu and this
package was not included). In any case the following example

x=0:0.01:2*pi;
y=sin(x).*cos(2*x).*sin(3*x);

eopen('polarplot.eps')
epolar(x,y);
eclose
eview
indeed produced the axis I was looking for, but when I tried
to apply it to my example which I modified like that
tetha=linspace(-pi,pi,100)
r=2-4*cos(tetha)
eopen('polarplot2.eps')
epolar(tetha,r)
eclose
eview

Then no graphics was generated. What to I miss?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer