Re: Installation problem

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Installation problem
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 15:55:50 -0400

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:56 PM, recif <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
 I just downloaded octave using hg. However on running autogen.sh, I get an
error:

gnulib/gnulib-tool: *** file /home/rc/octave/gnulib/lib/itold.c not found
gnulib/gnulib-tool: *** Stop.

Could you tell me what the problem is?
Thanks,
RC

Did you try this?

Building Octave from sources requires a number of programs and libraries. All of these are available as Debian packages and the list given on [Debian's source package page for Octave3.2] can be used for reference and installed by

# aptitude build-dep octave3.2
After this, it should be possible to follow the BuildFromSource instructions.