Re: how matrix left division is performed?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: how matrix left division is performed?
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:20:00 -0500

On 2 October 2011 12:12, Mircea Toma <address@hidden> wrote:
> I want to write a C subroutine  that perform the left division of matrix m \
> g, where m is square and g is the vector with the same number of lines. I
> could not find documentation for how left division  is performed.

This is a FAQ:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Techniques-Used-for-Linear-Algebra.html#Techniques-Used-for-Linear-Algebra

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Sparse-Linear-Algebra.html#Sparse-Linear-Algebra

I have added it to the Octave FAQ, but it hasn't been uploaded to the
website yet.

If you want to know how it's actually done in the source code, it
takes a little effort to trace the code. I could do it, if you really
want.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.