Re: Building windows for Octave

From: Eduardo J. Adam
Subject: Re: Building windows for Octave
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:44:13 -0300

Dear friends,
All I need is a simple way to create windows for my aplications in Octave.
In this sense, a small toolbox  for this is provided by Qtoctave, so for this reason I'm looking for something like that, but that was not discontinued and newer.

Thanks

Eduardo

2011/10/11 Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Eduardo J. Adam <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Octave comunity,
> Probably it's a stupid question but I'm trying to make gui's for my simple
> octave programs. I was surfing on Internet and I find the following link:
>
> http://qtoctave.wordpress.com/tag/xmlwidget/
>
> Is there another options more recent?
> Please, take into account that I'm not an expert programer. Usually, I use
> Octave for research and education.
> Maybe, if someone send me a simple example then I can built my windows based
> on this information.
>

> Thanks,
> Eduardo
> --
>
> Dr. Eduardo J. Adam
> Prof. Adjunto Instrumentación y Control de Procesos
> Facultad de Ingeniería Química
> Santiago del Estero 2654, (S3000AOJ), Santa Fe, SF, Argentina
> Tel. +54 (0342) 457-1167 Int. 2742

Hola Eduardo (otro Argentino!)

Developers are preparing a GUI. For the moment there is no reliable option.
Qtoctave is reasonably good, but is abandoned adn there are some bugs.
Older projects I wont even mention.

Regards,

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal