Re: Random timing results with 'fsolve'

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Random timing results with 'fsolve'
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:21:57 +0200

ons, 12 10 2011 kl. 14:02 +0000, skrev bpabbott:
> It does look strange.
>

> Have you looked at the 2nd (function values) and 3rd (termination
> status) outputs of fsolved?

Hmm, okay... it seems like the algorithm converges to different solution
each time. The problem I'm solving is under-determined so it does not
surprise me that the solver can converge to different solutions, but I
am surprised that this happens when the solver is given the same
starting conditions. Does 'fsolve' perform any random steps?

Søren