Re: time series prediction with octave

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: time series prediction with octave
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:30:57 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM, George Kousiouris
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmmm, non-chaotic are the ones that are strictly periodical?
>
> I would say that there could be some periodicity, but definitely
> non-deterministic. I have in mind time series for example from website
> workload (user requests). This could have periodic features (like
> daytime/nighttime traffic) but can also have random events that disturb this
> behaviour (for example breaking news etc.)
>

> On 10/13/2011 4:35 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:06 AM, George Kousiouris <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wandering if there is any package/function in octave that performs
>> time series prediction.
>>
>> BR,
>> George
>>
>> --
>>

> That is a big subject. Are you looking at a chaotic or non chaotic series?
> Doug
>
> --
> DAS
> https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html

> --
>
> ---------------------------
>
> George Kousiouris
> Electrical and Computer Engineer
> Division of Communications,
> Electronics and Information Engineering
> School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
> Tel: +30 210 772 2546
> Mobile: +30 6939354121
> Fax: +30 210 772 2569
> Email: address@hidden
> Site: http://users.ntua.gr/gkousiou/
>
> National Technical University of Athens
> 9 Heroon Polytechniou str., 157 73 Zografou, Athens, Greece

I do not known specifics of octave. But the old an classical TISEAN
http://www.mpipks-dresden.mpg.de/~tisean/

Can be easily wrapped with "system", "save" and "load". I will upload
my wrappers to octave.forge when I have time.... :D

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----