Re: terminal type dumb

From: Jack Tanner
Subject: Re: terminal type dumb
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 00:58:26 +0000 (UTC)

nitnit <nitnit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know of any such builtin access to browser or pdf reader. Simply
> launch you external html browser with doc/octave/html/octave.html/index.html
> and you can navigate through the docs.

Very nice. An easy way to make this pretty would be to generate all the HTML
files with a reference to a CSS file, just like the online version of the manual
here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/index.html

The key line is

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../octave.css">

You'd also have to include a copy of the octave.css, of course.

> BTW, I am working on win7 64bit, and do not having any problems with the doc
> command or help command.

Thank you! You're right, it was my machine configured with a weird terminal
type.

But is the info manual really working for you? Do 'doc', with no parameters,
then scroll down to * Strings::. I get "Strings: No such file or directory".