Re: Optimization toolboxes -- cvx, sedumi, sdpt3

From: fork
Subject: Re: Optimization toolboxes -- cvx, sedumi, sdpt3
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:19:49 +0000 (UTC)

Juan Pablo Carbajal <carbajal <at> ifi.uzh.ch> writes:

> Can you specify which packages are giving you problems?
> Also, provide information about your Octave version, your OS and hardware.

Using Nit's latest mingw build, I tried to build a supposedly octave-friendly
Sedumi from here:

http://sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=78&func=view&catid=17&id=3934&limit=6&limitstart=6

I got a bunch of errors during linking with about half of the mex commands
(which are run from the install_sedumi.m file), and when I called eyeK() (which
got compiled w/o an error), I got a segfault (or something -- my mingw window
disappeared).

Seems like a maintained port of SeDuMi to octave would be a good thing and a
pre-req to cvx, so I might try to hack on that for a little while ... but if
anyone wants to try a similar thing and send me advice, I would love to hear
 it ;)