SOLUTION! Re: why has octave started closing the second octave's window

From: Macy
Subject: SOLUTION! Re: why has octave started closing the second octave's window opens?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:43:08 -0800

octave 2.1.50a was installed using the 7MB binary.

To run octave, I double click the icon on the Desktop.

I tried going directly to the folder and running there, but the same sequence.

It looks like it opens the window, then octave is closed by some automatic
process.

However, could be an unreported crash error as octave tries to do something and
kernelex interferes.

Uninstalling kernelex requires special steps, not the normal uninstall, so have
to trace through very carefully.

ARRRGGGG!!!

This time the icon on the Desktop properties came up with a third and new tag
on it 'kernelex' !!!

Selecting disable kernelex I can run octave!
the window stays open and works, however there is now no history to refer to
old lines and randn() is not found.  But at least I'm off on the right path!