Re: solving algebra equation without installing symbolic package

From: Rick T
Subject: Re: solving algebra equation without installing symbolic package
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:52:09 -1000

Thanks for the info I went ahead and installed the symbolic package I tried to do some of the matlab examples but I guess some of the commands aren't the same.
http://www.mathworks.nl/help/toolbox/symbolic/solve.html

How can I solve a simple algebraic equation example below with the symbolic package

2012/1/23 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
On 23 January 2012 15:03, Rick T <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I'm trying to solve simple algebraic equations without having to install the
> symbolic package.
> is this possible?
>
> example:
> 5y=15x
> y=3
> x=0.3333

If you want true variable precision arithmetic, you will need the vpa
function from the symbolic package or write your own.

If you just want rational approximations, use the rat or rats functions.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.