Re: 'for' loop on elements of cell array (octave-3.4.2) - is it the way

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: 'for' loop on elements of cell array (octave-3.4.2) - is it the way it is supposed to be ?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 07:25:40 -0800 (PST)

>________________________________

I am not sure the behavior is consistent. That is, I am not sure an element of
cell array is _always_ cell array.

Here is my point:

"
octave:1> a_vector = [1 2 3]
a_vector =

   1   2   3

octave:2> for foo = a_vector foo endfor
foo =  1
foo =  2
foo =  3

octave:3>

"
.

I have created a vector called 'a_vector', and to denote that it's a vector
I've used '[', ']' delimiters. Elements of the vector are _numeric_ and as such
they are displayed in the loop body as numeric _without_ delimiters - makes
sense to me.

With my cell array, though its elements are _numeric_ too, delimiters _are_
used to display 'foo' in the loop body. And it doesn't make sense to me.

Regards,
  Sergei.