Mkoctfile and Fortran

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Mkoctfile and Fortran
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:25:12 -0800

I have a very large fortran applicaton, 17,688 lines, I frequently use with octave 3.4.3.

I do

  fortran-application < infile > tmpfile | perl-script > outfile

Then, in octave, I load outfile...

I want to convert the fortran application to an oct file so I can avoid the middle steps. Also, I often change the amount of data I extract from tmpfile, so I plan to convert the fortran application to return all output to octave.

I have created a couple simple oct files from C++.

I havn't the faintest idea of how to approach this from fortran.

Is an example available? I looked at the source, but, see nothing there that helps.

Tom Dean