Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.

From: Xianyi Zhang
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:11:14 +0800

Hi Nitzan,

Could you give me some testcases?

I didn't find the performance degradation.

Thanks

Xianyi

2012/2/25 nitnit <address@hidden>

xianyi wrote

> Hi Nitzan,
>
> If you built OpenBLAS with 2 threads, it would only start 2 threads on
> multicore processors.
>
> OpenBLAS can detect the number of cores on runtime.
> Thus, you can build OpenBLAS with a larger number (NUM_THREADS = xx in
> Makefile.rule), e.g. 12 , 16 or 24.
>
> Thanks
>
> Xianyi

Hi Xianyi,

Thanks, I know that and have already tried builds with NUM_THREADS=4 which
performs much better on a  4 cores cpu.
Will you recommend using this build also on 2 cores cpus ? I don't how to
verify whether this build use only 2 threads on a 2 cores cpu but I have
noticed some (about 15%) performance degradation on the core i3-540 I have
tested.

Nitzan