Re: mailing list hard to find

From: Thomas Weber
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 23:37:15 +0100

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 01:06:21PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 7 March 2012 12:59, Thomas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>
> >> The sourceforge page is for the octave forge project which is not the
> >> octave project.
> >
> > That's pretty much his point, isn't it? He's looking for Octave and is
> > directed to octave-forge (apart from the Savanah page, which lists the
> > bug-tracker and the patch-tracker list).
>
> Do you have friends in Google who can skew the search results for us?

I think it's hard to skew something that isn't mentioned on the start
page at all.
However, it seems that gnu.org instead of octave.org costs us a lot.
        mailing list site:gnu.org
has Octave's old mailing list archive as hit number 4 (and without even
mentioning Octave at all), so it's not like Google is ignoring the site.

        Thomas