Re: ftp mget error

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: ftp mget error
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:42:25 -0400

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:35 AM, grigorym <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd be very thankful, if someone could explain me the behavoir of an Octave
> mget-function while working with ftp. Simply speaking, I couldn't get to
> work a simple example with mget(fp,filename). I just cann't retrieve a
> single file from ftp!
>
> fp = ftp("server", "username", "pass");
> cd(fp, "somedir");
> mput(fp, "sample.txt");
> mget(fp, "sample.txt");
>
> Function mput works fine, the file is being put exactly where expected.
> However, mget fails to retrieve it back at once with:
> error: __ftp_mget__: file not found
> error: called from:
> error:   C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.2\share\
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you tried dir(fp) to make sure you can get a file listing from
the server?  Does dir(fp) show your sample.txt file in the remote
location after you mput it?  Can you mget other files from the ftp
server?  Or a different ftp server?  For example, does this work for
you?

fp = ftp('ftp.gnu.org', 'anonymous', 'address@hidden');
mget(fp, 'README');

If so it's probably specific to your ftp server, maybe it prevents
directory listings or maybe it is translating your file name to
uppercase.

--
mike