Re: "optim needs miscellaneous >= 1.0.10" problem

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: "optim needs miscellaneous >= 1.0.10" problem
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 01:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

You are doing this because of lack of understanding of importance of proper
integration and QA.

Had you been releasing Octave and packages together, you would have had much
less bugs in Octave pkg.m and in packages themselves. I.e. building _all_ the
packages with an Octave version is a very good test for both Octave and
packages.

I am saying _very_ tirvial things - look at a Linux distro for example - it is
released with thousands of packages. And if a package from an official
repository can't be installed, it is considered to be a bug.

Regards,
  Sergei.