Re: definite integral of arbitrary function

From: rdurkacz
Subject: Re: definite integral of arbitrary function
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

At first I thought this was exactly the right answer but now I have had
second thoughts. In your example
sin() is a good octave function in that it works over vectorised arguments,
ie sin (sin ([0:0.1:1])
 works. Then we hope to obtain the definite integral of sin by using the
transform adiff(), and we have the function c()
c(pi) works but c([0:0.1:1]) fails, it is not vectorised. c() is not as good
a function as sin(). The Paul Thomas post from years ago is relevant-- since
I want a vectorised result I would have to write some kind of loop involving
quad -so lsode looks better.
I say c([0:0.1:1]) fails -the result is "warning: implicit conversion from
real matrix to real scalar, ans=0" which is disappointing at least, if not a
failure.