Re: regexp & COM: matlab compatibility

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: regexp & COM: matlab compatibility
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:19:19 +0100

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Andrew Hancock <address@hidden> wrote:
Marco wrote:
>>> There is support for ActiveX and COM in the Windows package form
>>> octave-forge.
>
>On 5/27/2012 7:33 PM, Andrew Hancock wrote:
>> Would you be able to point me to documentation on it?  When I visit
>> the Octave site, the Windows&  Cygwin entries appear to be combined
>> (if I interpret the layout properly).  I already have the Cygwin
>> install (updated this morning) and I searched the HTML&  PDF
>> documentation for "active" (in case active X showed up) and for
>> "COM".
>>

>as functionality, cygwin is a unix like system, so the windows
>package is not working.

I was looking at the wrong site:
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

Instead, I googled for octave-forge and found
http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php, which has a Windows
section containg a COM module.  I didn't find much documentation with
it, though.  Hard to tell whether it is trying to be Matlab
compatible.

It depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for controlling octave through COM, then the answer is no (it's not possible). If you're looking for starting and controlling external COM components from octave, then the answer is yes , it should be Matlab-compatible, but it probably does not implement all the features available in Matlab.

Michael.