Medit

From: Ismael Diego Nunez-Riboni
Subject: Medit
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:38:47 +0200

Anybody using "medit" as octave editor? Medit identifies nicely when I open a
.f90 file and I can block comment easily with the fortran comment character
(!). It seems it happens the same with C files (and //). I would like to do the
same with .m files, i.e., that medit identifies automatically that it is an
octave file, highlights with colors the octave syntaxes and block comments with
"%" (not with ! or //, of course).

Anybody has experience with this?

Otherwise, if anybody has good tips about an editor for octave I would like to
know, cause I had enough bad experiences with the Nirvana editor (i.e., nedit,
which I was using so far). I need an editor that can block indent and comment
with key short cuts... Nedit is good, but it has a couple of bugs that drive me
crazy (it freezes some times when you want to cut&paste, etc).

Thanks for the help in advance, Ismael.