Re: Doc files for octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg?

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Doc files for octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:14:58 +0200

>On 21 June 2012 10:44, rbrady778 <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I followed the instructions from here:
>>
>> http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_MacOS_X_Bundle
>
>Oh, we probably should get rid of that page.

Well, if one user was able to have Octave working on his Mac, I'd say
that it should not be deleted, unless something more complete or up to
date is available.

>> If there is a newer, more supported .dmg - please let me know (and perhaps
>> we can update the link on the wiki page).  Please note, I am not interested
>> in compiling Octave from scratch.
>
>No, there isn't. And if people like you aren't interesting in
>compiling a newer dmg, then there won't be one.

Downloading and installing is definitely simpler than creating an
installer.  One cannot expect random Mac users to do that.  I'm saying
this because it seems you are blaming the original poster for not
creating an installer :)

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107