Re: Doc files for octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg?

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Doc files for octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:21:27 +0200

>On 21 June 2012 11:14, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Downloading and installing is definitely simpler than creating an
>> installer.  One cannot expect random Mac users to do that.  I'm saying
>> this because it seems you are blaming the original poster for not
>> creating an installer :)
>
>No, I'm blaming the people who want an installer for not creating one.
>We're almost all volunteers, stuff is done by whoever wants it to get
>done.

Yes, but those capable of using an installer are, and will always be,
many more than those capable of creating an installer.  Even without
accounting for availability and will.  So it is, and will always be,
perfectly normal for people wanting an installer, yet not creating
one.  This is the help list, not the developers'...

That said, infinite thanks for your work and dedication to Octave.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107