Re: How to wrap the imagesc figure with plot borders?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: How to wrap the imagesc figure with plot borders?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:54:31 +0200

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM, amonterou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I tried reinstalling my octave version and that didn't work I still get the
>> image outside the grid. What version are you using Dmitri? and which OS? If
>> you can share a link to a suitable binary distribution I would really
>> appreciate it, I have only found the binary installer of 3.2.4 in the
>> official site.
>
> I am not sure what do you mean by "official" site. The www.octave.org
> does not distribute binaries...
>
> octave command "graphics_toolkit" (3.2.4 may be too old for it though),
> should tell you the current toolkit used.
>
> I cannot be of much help wrt windows installation.
>
> As I mentioned I have 64-bit linux (Fedora 17 distribution) with
> octave 3.6.2 and gnuplot 4.4.4.
> I will check my octave with 4.6.0 gnuplot later -- I am away from my computer
> at the moment.
>
> Dmitri.
> --

Hi,

I tried Octave 3.6 and Octave 3.4.3 and I can't reproduce the problem.
It may be an issue with the gnuplot of your intallation.

To solve the problem, a workaround is to use matplotlib which is
available for python
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

Cheers

--