Re: 'strcat' is broken (spaces are ignored) in octave-3.6.2 ?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: 'strcat' is broken (spaces are ignored) in octave-3.6.2 ?
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:14:42 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>

I don't find it acceptable, but maybe I misunderstand English, specifically,
"of each input".

My understanding is like this. Suppose we have:

strcat("foo ", " ", "bar")
.

Space inside "foo " is the whitespace "of each input".

Regarding " " - I don't know. You guys insist the whitespaces are trailing, I
insist they are leading.

Here is another example:

"
octave:5> strcat("foo ", "  ", "bar")
ans = foobar
"

- the "  " part is _two_ spaces, so I insist on my fair share of at least one
leading whitespace.

If you guys insist on present behavior, document the case of whitespaces only
explicitly.

Regards,
  Sergei.