Re: Saving calculation answers to file

From: vilsu
Subject: Re: Saving calculation answers to file
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 07:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

koe.m file is like

A * U * r * U * r
A * U * r * U * s
A * U * r * U * l
A * U * r * U * m
A * U * r * r * U
A * U * r * r * l
A * U * r * r * m
A * U * r * l * U
A * U * r * l * l
A * U * r * m * U
.

lots of matrix multiplication. each line gives an answer. Each answer shoud
be saved to a file output.txt that should read like

[3 2 1 4]
[3 2 1 4]
.
.
.

I have written about this in a thread "simple advice needed on input and
output".

I created a script that did this line by line, so that each cycle read a
line from a file, the saved to a another file.

I wondered if this could be done in a bunch, so that the whole input file
would be read in one bunch. Then all lines would be calculated in one bunch.
Finally saving to output file would happen in one step. I would reduce time
it takes to read and write to disk.

I thank everyone, and apologise if I have broken rules by writing in two
threads.

Yours, vilsu