Re: warning: function /usr/share/octave/packages/statistics-1.1.3/fstat.

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: warning: function /usr/share/octave/packages/statistics-1.1.3/fstat.m shadows a core library function
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:24:49 +0200

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]

Hi,
As Carnë said, when you load the statistic packages fstat in core gets
shadowed, this means that Octave wont find the function fstat in core
but it will be using the fstat.m form statistics.
So, if you want to use the function from statistics package, then do
not worry about the message, it is a warning to let you know what is
happening.

You can rename the function (you need to rename file and function
name), but this is the same as just moving it somewhere outside
Octave's search path (like trash), since no other function calling
fstat will be able to use the renamed function.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----