Re: How can i get/extract single values from a .mat-file

From: Y. Chaffai
Subject: Re: How can i get/extract single values from a .mat-file
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:26:05 -0700 (PDT)

Francesco Potortì wrote
>>So what i would like to do now (by the way I'm also looking for a Dymola
>>solution, as i'm not sure if octave supports Dymola created mat-files)
> First of all, try it.  See if you can load your mat files in Octave.

Ok here's what i get after loading a so created file:

hm... well what i can definitely say (after transforming the file into
csv-format) is that i have 3 variables/Parameters stored in 502 simulation
steps,

And about the possibly helpful commands:
uigetfile % to read the mat file...but how?
uigetdir % to access the directory where the files are stored

And what i want is a kind of 3d-profile of how does the variable T2 depends
on changes in the parameters u and j :)

>look for a possibility to get only the last values for 3 parameters (the
>mentioned u and j plus an unknown variable T) of each of these files to
>create a 3d-plot showing the dependencies between these 3 parameter values.

I am not sure I understand what you need.

>BTW: I'm using octave 3.2.4 (on ubuntu 12.04) and until now i found lots of
>possible matlab commands which may help but don't work with octave.

Which ones?

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107