Re: Octave and Database connectivity

From: fork
Subject: Re: Octave and Database connectivity
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:41:29 +0000 (UTC)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh <at> octave.org> writes:

> And for this goal, for which no one but Octave is striving for, we
> still need Octave to stay as dumb as it is now.

I guess I don't share the ML is dumb viewpoint -- for my 1000 lines of
dissertation code, it is more intuitive with less lines of code than any other
option.  There are incremental changes I would make (with another lifetime of
spare time), but I wouldn't get too far from the original ML design.

I though Julia was doing that, but then I tried to write vectorized code (to
emulate mat2cell() ) and it sucked horribly because of all the weird ellipses
syntax you need when not using for-loops.

But then, I think Tcl/Tk is still the best platform for writing simple GUI's...