Re: Publishing code dual-licensed

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Publishing code dual-licensed
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 23:30:09 +0200

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Martin Vogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Laurent, I'll think about it.
>

> Laurent Hoeltgen <address@hidden> schrieb:

>>> Ah, right.
>>>
>>> The issue is just that if the only way for us to get your code is
>>> through the Mathworks site, then we cannot use it in Octave without
>>> violating the Mathworks' terms of service. If it's there and on y!
>>>  our
>>>
>>> own site or any other site, we can just get it from that other
>>> location no problem.
>>>
>>> You can use the BSD-style license for both if it's simpler for you. We
>>> prefer the GPL in Octave, but a BSD-style license is fine too. The
>>> only problem is if your code is only available from the Mathworks'
>>> site.
>>>
>>> - Jordi G. H.
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I would suggest to completely avoid the hassle with the TMW file
>> exchange restrictions and put the code on some site like github,
>> sourceforge, .... In that case you are completely free to put whatever
>> license you want on your code and you get the version control as a nice
>> side effect.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Laurent

Hi Martin,
Please do not answer the e-mails on the top, scroll down and answer
the e-mail at the bottom, this helps people reading the thread online.

Second, you can use the Features request forum to update files until
Agora is up and running. We have nice experiences there, code getting
nice really fast. Just update your current code with a proper GPL
compatible license and people will start looking at it and help you
improving it.
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/feature-requests/

There is some more help here
http://wiki.octave.org/Contributing_to_the_development_of_packages/modules