Re: Octave Set Up For Beginngers

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Octave Set Up For Beginngers
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 21:24:28 -0400

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM, injoi <address@hidden> wrote:
It turns out that the Octave for Beginners free download was only until
september 30...seems i just missed it. Is the wiki.octave sufficient or do
you guys recommend me to just fess up and buy it?

there are a number of resources out there for both Matlab and Octave. Without the GUI, Octave very closely resembles the version of Matlab I started with (v6 maybe?), so there is a large number of tutorials and guides out there that will apply to Octave.

This page has a number of pdf tutorials that work for either program:
http://www.math.ubc.ca/~warcode/matlab/

Here's another decent tutorial
http://krchowdhary.com/research-meth/octave-matlab-tut.pdf

actually, that guy has a list of a few good things at the bottom of this page:
http://krchowdhary.com/research-meth/research-meth-sc.html

If you find those and google searching on your own prove insufficient, then you may want to pick up the ebook.

Nick J