Re: OctaveForge for project of the month

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: OctaveForge for project of the month
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 02:32:58 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

Absolutely and definitely _____no_____.

I.e. I am wholeheartedly _against_.

Here are the reasons:

1) visit http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_package.php and _patiently_
scroll down;
2) if you are patient enough, you'll notice that the text left margin moves to
the right, i.e. at the top the text is left-justified as it should be, bu then
the text moves to the right;
3) when I was taught by various people how to develop and test the code, I was
explained that number of test cases is typically (quite) big, but at least
_obvious_ corner cases should be tested, and the number of obvious corner cases
is typically _much_ less than the full number of test cases;
4) in this particular instance there are just _two_ corner cases: top and
bottom, and the developers didn't bother to check even them.

So, because of _gross_ disrespect for very basic QA guidelines on the side of
the developers I am fully opposed to nominating this project for "project of
the month".

Regards,
  Sergei.

P.S. Kindergarten .....