Re: Cloud Computing with Octave

From: George Kousiouris
Subject: Re: Cloud Computing with Octave
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 19:11:30 +0300

On 10/19/2012 6:48 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 19 October 2012 11:43, George Kousiouris <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/19/2012 6:18 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

The marketing term "cloud computing" is a bit stupid, not to mention
nebulous:

     http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html

I think this is exaggerating things a bit. SaaS is meant as an architectural
approach and/or computing/programming paradigm/usage. What it has underneath
may be proprietary or not.  Even if you say that  it has an open source
This isn't about open source. It's about freedom.
The technology itself is not violating your freedom. Its usage by specific parties/people does. Technology as a concept is neutral. It may be used for good or malicious purposes.

Yeah, I don't trust Amazon myself. They've proved again and again in
the past that they're happy to snoop on you and they're happy to
delete books you've already bought and happy to attempt to control
devices you've bought from them.
I am not arguing that Amazon is to be trusted or not. I am arguing that if you don;t trust a provider, you simply don't use them, you don;t blame the technology framework.

BR,
George

- Jordi G. H.

---------------------------

George Kousiouris, PhD
Electrical and Computer Engineer
Division of Communications,
Electronics and Information Engineering
Tel: +30 210 772 2546
Mobile: +30 6939354121
Fax: +30 210 772 2569
Email: address@hidden
Site: http://users.ntua.gr/gkousiou/

National Technical University of Athens
9 Heroon Polytechniou str., 157 73 Zografou, Athens, Greece