Re: When will the new GUI be ready?

From: Israel Herraiz
Subject: Re: When will the new GUI be ready?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:22:51 +0100

Excerpts from andrewcd's message of Sun Oct 28 01:52:55 +0200 2012:
> When is the new gui gong to come out on a Ubuntu (debian) repository?
> Alternatively, if compiling the source is easy, perhaps you could give
> people some easy step-by-step instructions for doing so?

I maintain a customization of the GUI for my classes. I have packages
available for Ubuntu 12.04:
https://launchpad.net/~herraiz/+archive/octave-upm (they also work in
Debian Testing). If you use Ubuntu 12.10, I would appreciate your
feedback :). Let me know whether they work or not. I will try to
build packages for 12.10 soon.

You can use F6 to run the script shown in the editor, and you can add
breakpoints to run it step by step (also with F6). In the workspace
you can change between the different stacks if your script call any
other user function. It comes with some other features.

Many of these features are taken from the official GUI, but it include
some other features that I will try to integrate with the official GUI
some day :). My main purpose is to have a Windows installer with the
GUI for my students. There are more details in Spanish at
http://mat.caminos.upm.es/octave/

Cheers,
Israel