Re: Help Gnuplot

From: Sichen Dong
Subject: Re: Help Gnuplot
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 20:16:48 -0500

Ben & Alex,

Thanks for your replies. I just checked the environments of both users. Gnuplot environments are same. The strange part is AquaTerm. I uninstalled AquaTerm from computer. So whenever I plot something as user B, Gnuplot runs just fine, but no AquaTerm window starts up. However, whenever I run as User A, I AquaTerm starts up just fine even I cannot find any AquaTerm.app on my computer. Anyway, I made my Octave plotting work with X11. So I can get my chart plotted.

Thanks again for your help.
Sichen

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Oct 27, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Sichen Dong wrote:

> I am currently using Mac OSX 10.8.2, and running Octave-3.4.0 on my machine. I also installed AquaTerm v1.1.0. And I have two users on my computer system, A and B.
>
> When I am running Octave with user account A. I can plot everything just fine. However, when I am using user B, whenever I plot something from Terminal, the Terminal title bar change display to gnuplot-4.2.5, AquaTerm starts. But the problem is that the plotting process just hangs there. No AquaTerm window displays, and octave stop responding until I manually quit AquaTerm. I have been straggling with problem for a month. Please help.
>
> Thank you,
> Sichen Dong

Sounds like the Aquaterm and Gnuplot being used under account/user B are not compatible.  Under user A & B what does "which gnuplot" return from the Terminal? (should be the same).

If you use Splotlight to search for "AquaTerm.app" do you get more than one result under either account, or does Spotlight find a different AquaTerm.app for each account?

These sort of problems are more common if an /Users/USERNAME/Applications directory exists to permit individual users to install Applications which other users will not see.

Ben