checking for liboctave

From: c.
Subject: checking for liboctave
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:54:51 +0100

Hi,

I'm writing a standalone application that (optinally) links to liboctave and
I'd like to write an autoconf test to determine automatically if it is present.

Has anyone done something like that before? Does anyone have suggestions?

My first idea would be to check for "mkoctfile" with AC_CHECK_PROG then try to
compile a
simple program whith the calls to liboctave I need, is that the correct way to
go?

c.