Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:03:55 +0100

What is the legal status of this:
http://kennethreitz.com/xcode-gcc-and-homebrew.html

Edmund

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
I don't think the issue here is a GPL violation at all. I was only
slightly alarmed it might be, but I'm not anymore.

The real issue is that in order to give free programs to users of Mac
OS X we are first asking them to install a non-free compiler and agree
to its restrictive terms. That they are already running a non-free OS
isn't any reason to ask them to submit themselves to further
restrictions.

- Jordi G. H.