Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:04:38 -0500

On 19 November 2012 12:00, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, I guess we're back to square one. Octave needs a hash-table datatype. We
> used to have a workable one, but it's now gone.

Again, we've never had hash tables. If you want to treat struct as an
associative array, it would require more work.

If you really insist, I would be happy to accept patches to make
struct fields be arbitrary strings, with some warning about how the
code is Matlab incompatible.

If we want to get Matlab-compatible bona-fide hash tables, this would
probably require implementing Matlab's Java-like containers, but I
think classdef might be a prerequisite.

- Jordi G. H.