Function Returning Answer Variable

From: Vesnog
Subject: Function Returning Answer Variable
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:53:55 -0800 (PST)

In Octave code I have written a function that returns a scalar variable hence
losing information in the process since my function is defined to have two
return values. As a consequence  I do not want to see the output as "ans =
number" since I have already included a printf statement in the body of the
function I wrote to display the results. What can I do to achieve my
purpose? I have attached my code.

Thanks