Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] mkoctfile not installed in Wheezy

From: c.
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] mkoctfile not installed in Wheezy
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 16:18:59 +0100

On 1 Dec 2012, at 16:07, Ben Abbott wrote:

> My understanding is that if files need to be compiled, then it is a dev
> thing.  Because include files and development tools are required?
So, do you think only packages that are m-files only should be installed via
pkg.m?
And maybe oct files should be distributed as binaries rather than source?
That is indeed a possibilty, though I am afraid it would take quite a bit of
work ...
c.

P.S. If the discussion proceeds along these lines I think we should move it to
the maintainers list