Re: error: imread: invalid image file

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: error: imread: invalid image file
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 17:26:42 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> To: Seetha Parameswaran <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:08 AM
> Subject: Re: error: imread: invalid image file

[snip]
> Why are you building from source?
[snip]

> - Jordi G. H.

The ability to build from source is a very necessary part of freedom as my
biological perception of the word defines it.

The ability to build from source is a part of _not_ suffering from vendor
lock-in.

The inability to build from source _is_ vendor lock-in, i.e. the person who is
unable to build from source becomes _totally_ dependent on what his/her package
vendor provides.

So, the "Why are you building from source" question in the world of SW freedom
as I understand it (according to  my biological perception of the word) is an
irrelevant question in the first place.

Regards,
  Sergei.