Re: Hash Function

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Hash Function
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:13:10 -0500

On 5 December 2012 11:04, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jordi,

Hello, Sergei. Nice to talk to you again.

> why are you posting distracting info ?

I'm sorry to inform you that you are. As I have explained numerous
times, there is no hashing in Octave, despite your deceptive variable
names. I know you are well aware of this, but for the edification of
those who are not as blessed in computer science as you are, here is a
description of the actual data structure available in Octave:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-black_tree

> It _is_ possible to do this in Octave

As you well know, this is only possible due to a bug in Octave that
you have exploited, and you should be happy to know that this bug has
been elevated to the status of feature in the current development
version.

- Jordi G. H.