Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:28:10 -0500

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/20/2012 06:34 AM, c. wrote:

> On 20 Dec 2012, at 13:22, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
>> So, instead of spending time on writing a GUI Octave developers and packagers better _package_ Octave with Notepad++ and with a decent terminal emulator for Windows (PuTTY ? - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/), and some .bat file which "glues" all this together and changes the necessary settings.

That would suit my needs admirably.

> It's been a long time since I last used windows, but IIRC the VS distribution of Octave
> for windows used to come with an editor (scintilla) and a terminal emulator ...

I am using the version of octave that I found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/

I presume this isn't the "VS" distribution of octave.  Where do I find
the "VS" distribution?  What does "VS" refer to?

VS  refers to Visual Studio and the binaries are available from the link above. However, I stopped including a text editor with the binaries I make.

Michael.