Re: Debugging Octave (as in gdb not a script)

From: Alec Teal
Subject: Re: Debugging Octave (as in gdb not a script)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 23:06:49 +0000

On 02/02/13 21:23, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Alec Teal <address@hidden> wrote:
In the subject line I explicitly say "as in gdb" and "not a script"

On 02/02/13 20:46, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Alec Teal <address@hidden> wrote:
It's launched from a shell script, which seems to in turn launch a shell
script. I use the Eclipse IDE and would really appreciate help in getting
it
to debug (a script that launches is something I've never worked with
before
- I've never 'needed' one or thought about it before)

Alec

I fail to grasp exactly what you need. Have you tried adding
"keyboard" to your script/function? It will give you interactive
debugging.
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Debugging.html

Please answer at the bottom.

Could you provide more information of what you want to do?
With the integrated debugger you can debug functions as well as scripts.

After making octave you can run a script called "run-octave" to run octave, this seems to call another script (./src/octave), I am sure these scripts have a use of some sort. To debug Eclipse CDT expects me to give it the name of c/c++ application file to run, it will then set gdb up as it needs to to give a lovely debugging UI.

You can't use gdb on shell scripts.

Alec