Re: Building/installing octave-forge from SVN

From: Russell Haley
Subject: Re: Building/installing octave-forge from SVN
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:58:29 -0600

On 02/17/2013 06:12 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Russell Haley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The README file in the SVN repo says there's supposed to be an INSTALL
>> file, an autogen.sh, and/or a top level makefile.  I don't see any of these.
>>
>> What is the current procedure for building packages from the
>> octave-forge SVN?

> Hi Russel,
>
> There is no "octave-forge" to install. You can get packages from
> octave-forge. The possible ways are (I assume you are in Linux)
> 1. Download the package from the web and install the compressed file
> using from withing octave: pkg install <path-to-file>
> 2. From within octave run: pkg -forge install <package-you-want>
> 3. If you have checked out the repository you will find a function
> releasePKG in the folder admin/. With this function you can create a
> compressed file that can be installed following  step 1.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Cheers

It did.  3 worked, but only if I left "outpath" unspecified.  It doesn't
seem to be able to find the files to tar up if they aren't in the
current directory.

The SVN version of the image package is up and running, and now I don't
have to implement seperable erosions. The upstream work is much more
elegant than anything I would have hacked together.

Thanks