I am unable to install packages into GNU Octave in Windows Vista

From: Steven Collins
Subject: I am unable to install packages into GNU Octave in Windows Vista
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 00:02:02 -0500

I have currently installed GNU Octave to use on my Windows Vista computer.  I am, however, having two different problems.

1.        I am trying to modify the octaverc file but it seems that Octave completely ignores any changes I make to the file.  I have saved it as a .txt file and have added several changes but it doesn’t matter.

2.       I am trying to install packages to Octave and I continue to get this screen:

I’m not sure what is meant by “Permission Denied?”

Is there anybody who could help with this?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Steven Collins