Parallel Computing in Octave (shared memory) Questions

From: Edwardo
Subject: Parallel Computing in Octave (shared memory) Questions
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:57:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am an undergrad student and I am working in a research that uses Octave.
My job is to parallelize some algorithms.
I saw some pacakges like parallel and OpeMPI_ext.

My questions are:

1- Did Octave has some type of shared-memort package? I am a C/C++ user and
I want to use something quivalent to OpenMP in Octave.
For exmple, where I can use keyword like parfor (parallel for) omp_critical
(mutual exclusion in a critical region) etc. Did octave has sometinh like
this?

2- I dont underststand the parallel package, it is for sockets??

3- In the OpenMPI_ext package, the function reference has some examples.
Where I can see the code of this examples?
Did Octave have MPI function like MPI_Broadcast, MPI_Reduce etc.?

4- Where I can find more reference about parallel computing in Octave?