interactive octave tutorial

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: interactive octave tutorial
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:52:45 +0100

Dear all,

Is anybody aware of an interactive tutorial of octave (ideally web-based)?
I'm looking for a tutorial with the basics of octave for Master students which do not necessarily have a background in programming. Covering such things as variables, arrays, loops, if-statements and some essential octave functions.

The interactive part would come from the exercises. For example students must compute the product of all numbers from 1 to 10 with octave and enter the solution in the web-page. Then the answer is compared to the right solution and an octave snippet is shown how the question can be solved.

I don't think it is necessary to make the octave interpreter somehow available within the web-page. Just a web-page with some _javascript_ for correcting the exercise would be sufficient.

Regards,
Alex