Re: Octave engine: any update?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave engine: any update?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:45:50 -0400

On 25 March 2013 05:49, MrOba <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any news about the octave engine package?

No, not since 2009.

> The octave engine is an external interface library that allows you to call
> an instance of the octave engine.

There is no "Octave engine". Octave itself is the engine. Matlab
provides its own "engine" in order to get around its licensing
restrictions. Octave doesn't have these licensing restrictions, so it
doesn't need a separate differently-licensed engine. "Octave" and
"Octave engine" are both one and the same.

> Matlab has updated its engine from the times the library has been
> coded and provides functions like engGetVariable and engPutVariable,
> and this is exactly what I need.. Does somebody has any hint where
> to start to find something like that?

AIUI, you're asking for extra mex functions in Octave. I don't think
this has been implemented, but if you're interested in implementing
these extra mex functions in Octave, I can help you get started and
show you where in the Octave source code these extra functions would
need to go.

- Jordi G. H.