Trying to get started

From: Gary Nelson
Subject: Trying to get started
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 17:58:57 -0700

Greetings,

Running Mac OSX 10.8.3 with latest XCODE installed

Took suggestion to install MacPorts. Followed instructions as best I could.

Suggests I go to terminal and do this

localhost:~ garynelson$ sudo port install octave-devel +atlas+docs
Password:
Warning: The Command Line Tools for Xcode don't appear to be installed; most ports will likely fail to build.
Warning: See http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.xcode.html for more information.
--->  Computing dependencies for octave-develError: Unable to execute port: can't read "build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in path: '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at its MacPorts configuration time location, did you move it?
localhost:~ garynelson$

Woops.    I find no reference anyplace in XCODE to installation of Command Line Tools.

My goal is to get Octave going.  I have developed a fair amount of SciLab code and find that this latest 10.8.3 OS plus latest Scilab 5.4.0 do not make a happy marriage. Also, math tools for Octave seem much richer so I would like to get going asap.

Thanks.

Gary Nelson