Re: surf() plot renders incorrectly

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: surf() plot renders incorrectly
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:18:29 -0500

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 11:14:15 +1000, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

The use of fltk, for this issue doesn't help me much either, as fltk (here) doesn't seem to be able to support rotation, panning etc.
I assume that limitation is a bug.

Rotation works for me.  I'm using fltk 1.3 on MacOS X.

Here I have fltk-1.3.0-8 on Fedora 18 x86_64, Octave 3.6.4
When using fltk with Octave, there is nothing that can be done with the fltk graphics window.
The image won't even resize when the window is resized.
It seems to be completely broken.
Not sure if it is a problem local to me, or whether other Fedora and other Linux users also have similar issues.

In your script the last "pause" statement freezes the plot.
Comment it out and it should work.
On my computer(s) fltk plot just look hideous probably due to some bugs
in OpenGL driver inplementations, but that is another story....

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell