complex line integral in octave

From: Urs Hackstein
Subject: complex line integral in octave
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:26:34 +0200

Dear list,

I am looking for the most efficient and stable way to calculate a complex line integral using octave.

Let f(s) be a polynomial in the complex variable s, without restriction of degree 7. Let the curve \alpha be the edges of the rectangle with vertices s_d-10.^8, s_d+10.^8, s_d+10.^8+i*w_max, s_d-10.^8+i*w_max where s_d and w_max are arbitrary real numbers. Then we want to calculate the integral over s .* f ' (s)/f(s) with respect to the curve \alpha. How can this calculation be done the most efficient and stable way?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Urs Hackstein